The Hand Centre aims to provide comprehensive, high quality, end-to-end hand surgery and hand therapy services to patients in Sydney's Southwest. We offer a range of surgical, non-surgical and therapy treatments, ensuring co-ordinated care and optimal outcomes for all our patients. We provide clear, accurate information so that our patients can make informed decisions about their treatment. Our goal is to become a centre for excellence, and a model for evidence-based medicine.
The Hand Centre is staffed by professionals dedicated to the treatment of the hand and wrist. The surgeons are qualified plastic and orthopaedic surgeons with specialist qualifications in hand surgery, and the therapists are qualified physiotherapists and occupational therapists with specialist training and experience in hand therapy.
The Hand Centre’s combination of surgical, non-surgical and hand therapy services enables you to seek treatment for a wide range of injuries and conditions in one convenient location. We treat:
- Acute and chronic hand injuries, including soft tissue injuries and bone and joint injuries
- All hand fractures and broken bones, including finger fractures, carpal bone fractures and scaphoid fractures
- All finger and thumb dislocations
- Work-related injuries
- Sports injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and other nerve conditions affecting the wrist
- Trigger finger
- De Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Dupuytren's disease
- Arthritis of the hand, wrist and thumb
- All hand tumours, lumps and ganglions, including skin cancers
- Occupational overuse and repetitive stress conditions